- Shin Splints: Pain along the front of the shin bone, often caused by overuse or improper footwear during physical activity.
- Muscle Strains: Overstretching or tearing of muscles in the leg due to physical activity or sudden movements.
- Sciatica: Compression of the sciatic nerve, causing pain that radiates down the leg from the lower back.
- Nerve Entrapment: Compression of nerves in the leg, causing pain, numbness, and tingling.
- Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD): Reduced blood flow to the legs due to narrowed arteries, leading to cramping and pain.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT): Blood clot formation in a deep vein, resulting in swelling and pain in the leg.
- Compartment Syndrome: Increased pressure within muscle compartments, leading to severe pain and potential tissue damage.
- Aching, burning, or sharp pain in the leg.
- Swelling, redness, or warmth in the affected area.
- Pain that worsens with movement or activity.
- Numbness or tingling sensations.
- Weakness or difficulty bearing weight on the leg.
As leg pain can be caused by such a wide range of conditions, we recommend a Joint Physiotherapist & Biomechanics Podiatrist Diagnostic Consultation.
At Infinite Podiatry & Physio, we offer a unique approach that combines the expertise of both physiotherapy and podiatry to provide comprehensive care for joint and soft tissue related issues. Whether you’re dealing with foot, ankle, or lower limb problems, our skilled professionals are here to help you achieve optimal movement and function.
Why Choose a Joint Consultation: When it comes to addressing complex musculoskeletal issues, collaboration between physiotherapy and podiatry can offer a more holistic and effective treatment approach. Our joint consultation offers the following benefits:
- Comprehensive Assessment: Our team of experienced physiotherapists and podiatrists work together to thoroughly evaluate your condition and its underlying causes.
- Customized Treatment Plans: You’ll receive a tailored treatment plan that considers both the structural and functional aspects of your joints and lower limbs.
- Integrated Expertise: By combining physiotherapy techniques with biomechanical insights, we can provide a well-rounded approach to address the root of your issues.
Bespoke foot orthoses are prescriptive devices that are worn in shoes to correct any biomechanical issues that may be contributing to your leg pain. They are made using a mould of your foot, and unlike the insoles which you can buy in a shop, they are a perfect fit for you and are customised to address any biomechanical issues or structural anomalies.
Our Bespoke Orthotics can be made in a variety of materials and styles to suit your needs and are designed to last several years before needing replacement.
The lab we use to develop our Bespoke Orthotics is Firefly Orthotics, and we chose them as they provide orthotics that can be designed to fit into most styles of footwear, including dress shoes and sport specific footwear, meaning you will experience perfect fit in addition to optimal therapeutic benefit.
Rehabilitation with Infinite is unique and extremely effective. Our Podiatrists and Physiotherapists work alongside each other to design and support your rehabilitation program, getting you the best possible results in the shortest possible time.
Often our patients will see our Biomechanics Podiatrist for their first appointment, followed by our Physiotherapist at their review appointment.
We also offer new patients the option of having a Joint Physiotherapist & Biomechanics Podiatrist review in order to have their assessed and diagnosed by a multi-disciplinary team.
We use a software system called Physitrack to provide you with a clear and repeatable rehabilitation program and keep you on track for success.
Physitrack can be used in a number of ways to support your recovery.
- For those who prefer the simple approach, Physitrack will send a clear and uncomplicated copy of your exercise plan to your inbox, which you can then print and use as directed. Or we can print it for you!
- If you’d like to step things up a notch you can download the Physitrack app, which provides clear, narrated video’s for each exercise making it easy to get them right and to follow along.
- But what makes the Physitrack App really special, is that it also allows you to record daily progress and then shares this with your practitioner allowing us to support you between visits. If you’re struggling to complete the exercises or your pain is getting worse, we are automatically notified and will check in with you and to offer support and encouragement. You can also record your comments each time you complete an exercise, so that we can really engage with your journey and understand where you might be struggling. Physitrack and increased patient/practitioner engagement is proven to lead to better results for users, which is why we believe in it 100%. We want each and every one of you to see your pain banished.