At Infinite we solve heel pain.
Heel conditions can cause you intolerable pain when you step out of bed in the morning and make long periods of standing miserable.
Plantar fasciitis is one cause of heel pain, but it isn’t the only culprit!
Causes of Heel Pain.
The most common form of heel pain in adults is Plantar Fasciitis, sometimes now more accurately referred to as Plantar Fasciopathy or Fasciosis. Typically, sufferers report pain in the heel first thing in the morning, minimal or no pain during exercise and then pain again when standing after a period of rest.
Plantar Fasciitis can often be affected by underlying foot and ankle pathologies such as pronation or reduced calf flexibility. Understanding the whole picture and the issues contributing to your individual condition can be the key to improving your symptoms and getting you back to a pain free life.
Although Plantar Fasciitis is the most common cause of heel pain, there are over 40 other diagnoses associated with symptoms in the heel. Getting your heel pain professionally assessed and correctly diagnosed is the essential first step in resolving your pain. Here are just a handful of the conditions we rule out when assessing your condition during your Diagnostic Consultation with Video Gait Analysis.
- Achillie’s Tendinopathy
- Sever’s disease
- Baxter’s nerve entrapment
- Fat pad oedema
- Haglunds deformity
- Plantar fibroma
How we solve Heel Pain.
Take back control of your feet with our Diagnostic Consultation with Video Gait Analysis.
There are over 40 causes of heel pain and we regularly see sufferers who have been misdiagnosed by Dr Google and even by healthcare professionals. Getting the right diagnosis is crucial for your successful treatment and recovery.
Your foot shape, structure and performance can all impact on the development and longevity of heel pain. Video Gait Analysis allows us to closely review small movements in your foot and limb, which can be causing your heel pain. We will take time to understand your individual characteristics, share these findings with you and then use them inform your treatment plan.
Bespoke foot orthoses are prescriptive devices that are worn in shoes to correct any biomechanical issues that may be contributing to your heel pain. They are made using a mould of your foot, and unlike the insoles which you can buy in a shop, they are a perfect fit for you and are customised to address any biomechanical issues or structural anomalies.
Our Bespoke Orthotics can be made in a variety of materials and styles to suit your needs and are designed to last several years before needing replacement.
The lab we use to develop our Bespoke Orthotics is Firefly Orthotics, and we chose them as they provide orthotics that can be designed to fit into most styles of footwear, including dress shoes and sport specific footwear, meaning you will experience perfect fit in addition to optimal therapeutic benefit.
Shockwave Therapy is a highly successful, evidence backed treatment for heel pain and other soft tissue injuries.
Shockwave is part of our gold standard for treating heel pain conditions such as Plantar Fasciitis.
Benefits of Shockwave are:
- Fast and effective pain relief
- Quicker recovery from injury
- Quicker return to activities
- Restoration of mobility
- Non-surgical and non-invasive
- No need for medication
- No risk of infection.
Learn more about this revolutionary technology here.
Rehabilitation with Infinite is unique and extremely effective. Our Podiatrists and Physiotherapists work alongside each other to design and support your rehabilitation program, getting you the best possible results in the shortest possible time.
Often our patients will see our Biomechanics Podiatrist for their first appointment, followed by our Physiotherapist at their review appointment.
We also offer new patients the option of having a Joint Physiotherapist & Biomechanics Podiatrist review in order to have their condition assessed and diagnosed by a multi-disciplinary team.
We use a software system called Physitrack to provide you with a clear and repeatable rehabilitation program and keep you on track for success.
Physitrack can be used in a number of ways to support your recovery.
- For those who prefer the simple approach, Physitrack will send a clear and uncomplicated copy of your exercise plan to your inbox, which you can then print and use as directed. Or we can print it for you!
- If you’d like to step things up a notch you can download the Physitrack app, which provides clear, narrated video’s for each exercise making it easy to get them right and to follow along.
- But what makes the Physitrack App really special, is that it also allows you to record daily progress and then shares this with your practitioner allowing us to support you between visits. If you’re struggling to complete the exercises or your pain is getting worse, we are automatically notified and will check in with you and to offer support and encouragement. You can also record your comments each time you complete an exercise, so that we can really engage with your journey and understand where you might be struggling. Physitrack and increased patient/practitioner engagement is proven to lead to better results for users, which is why we believe in it 100%. We want each and every one of you to see your pain banished.
Kinesiology Taping can be used to support your foot and reduce stress on the injured tissue structures in the short term. It can provide relief to aching heels and help you to get back to normal activities and perform your exercises as intended.
Kinesiology taping for heel pain is something we can teach you to do at home, continuing the benefit long after your consultation.