- Sprains and Strains: Stretching or tearing of ligaments (sprains) or muscles/tendons (strains) around the ankle due to sudden twists or excessive force.
- Ankle Arthritis: Degeneration of the ankle joint’s cartilage over time, leading to pain, stiffness, and limited range of motion.
- Achilles Tendonitis: Inflammation of the Achilles tendon, often caused by overuse or improper footwear.
- Ankle Fractures: Broken bones in the ankle due to traumatic injuries.
- Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome: Compression of the tibial nerve as it passes through the tarsal tunnel, resulting in pain and tingling.
- Peroneal Tendonitis: Inflammation of the tendons along the outer side of the ankle, leading to pain during movement.
- Gout: A type of arthritis that causes sudden and severe pain due to uric acid crystal buildup in the joints, including the ankle.
- Swelling and bruising around the ankle.
- Pain that worsens with movement, especially when bearing weight.
- Stiffness and reduced range of motion.
- Instability and difficulty walking.
- Warmth or redness in the affected area.
How We Solve Ankle Pain
Your foot shape, structure and performance can all impact on the development and longevity of ankle pain. Video Gait Analysis allows us to closely review small movements in your foot and limb, which can be causing your ankle pain. We will take time to understand your individual characteristics, share these findings with you and then use them inform your treatment plan.
Bespoke foot orthoses are prescriptive devices that are worn in shoes to correct any biomechanical issues that may be contributing to your ankle pain. They are made using a mould of your foot, and unlike the insoles which you can buy in a shop, they are a perfect fit for you and are customised to address any biomechanical issues or structural anomalies.
Our Bespoke Orthotics can be made in a variety of materials and styles to suit your needs and are designed to last several years before needing replacement.
The lab we use to develop our Bespoke Orthotics is Firefly Orthotics, and we chose them as they provide orthotics that can be designed to fit into most styles of footwear, including dress shoes and sport specific footwear, meaning you will experience perfect fit in addition to optimal therapeutic benefit.
Some conditions of the ankle require additional bracing, which we are also experienced in supplying.
Shockwave Therapy is a highly successful, evidence backed treatment for several of the conditions which cause ankle pain, particularly Achilles Tendinopathy. Shockwave is part of our gold standard treatment plan for treating soft tissue ankle conditions.
Benefits of Shockwave are:
- Fast and effective pain relief
- Quicker recovery from injury
- Quicker return to activities
- Restoration of mobility
- Non-surgical and non-invasive
- No need for medication
- No risk of infection.
Learn more about this revolutionary technology here.
Rehabilitation with Infinite is unique and extremely effective. Our Podiatrists and Physiotherapists work alongside each other to design and support your rehabilitation program, getting you the best possible results in the shortest possible time.
Often our patients will see our Biomechanics Podiatrist for their first appointment, followed by our Physiotherapist at their review appointment.
We also offer new patients the option of having a Joint Physiotherapist & Biomechanics Podiatrist review in order to have their assessed and diagnosed by a multi-disciplinary team.
We use a software system called Physitrack to provide you with a clear and repeatable rehabilitation program and keep you on track for success.
Physitrack can be used in a number of ways to support your recovery.
- For those who prefer the simple approach, Physitrack will send a clear and uncomplicated copy of your exercise plan to your inbox, which you can then print and use as directed. Or we can print it for you!
- If you’d like to step things up a notch you can download the Physitrack app, which provides clear, narrated video’s for each exercise making it easy to get them right and to follow along.
- But what makes the Physitrack App really special, is that it also allows you to record daily progress and then shares this with your practitioner allowing us to support you between visits. If you’re struggling to complete the exercises or your pain is getting worse, we are automatically notified and will check in with you and to offer support and encouragement. You can also record your comments each time you complete an exercise, so that we can really engage with your journey and understand where you might be struggling. Physitrack and increased patient/practitioner engagement is proven to lead to better results for users, which is why we believe in it 100%. We want each and every one of you to see your pain banished.